As an attribution to John Russell Pope, the Albert C. Hencken House was built in 1903. The renovation project designed by Andre Tchelistcheff Architects brought the house and its environment into a visual connection, drawing each of the architectural elements together in a harmonious dialog with the existing house and landscape. The renovation and additions encompassed three element; a Pool house and pergola, a Glass Conservatory and Terrace, and the transformation of the garage into a two story Carriage House. With beautiful iron gates in the garden, stone and stucco walls this amazing entity now shows up greater than ever before. Landscape architect for the project was Alice Cook, structural engineer Murray Engineering, Mechanical engineer Tucker Associates and photos are taken by Seong Kwon.
Photos Seong Kwon